An engraved or monogrammed jewelry box makes a thoughtful and personal gift the recipient will treasure for years to come. Whether you're shopping for a special child, a teen, or an adult who loves pretty things, there are so many gorgeous options available at a variety of price points. The perfect gift is out there.
Special Jewelry Boxes for Children and Teens
That first jewelry box is a memorable gift for any child or teenager. Personalization makes it even more special. Consider some of these great options.
Things Remembered Pink Heart Jewelry Box
A lovely option that will grow with her, the pink heart box from Things Remembered is simple and charming for around $35 (plus personalization). Crafted from pale pink faux leather and lined with soft flannel, this design is appropriate for everyone from toddlers to teens. It plays "Swan Lake" and measures six inches by seven inches by 3.5 inches tall. A silver-colored metal plate graces the lid and is ready for your engraving.
- You can personalize with several monogram designs or up to six lines of text in your choice of font. You can even choose from a variety of graphics.
- Engraving for a monogram costs about $10, but longer sections of text can cost $40 or more. Graphics are mostly priced under $10.
- You will receive most orders in less than a week.
Pottery Barn Abigail Jewelry Box
There's nothing quite like the classic ballerina jewelry box, and Pottery Barn offers one with a number of different personalization options, from about $39 to $69, plus personalization. Start by choosing a pink or white finish and your ideal size, ranging from a petite five-inch by six-inch option to a large 9.75-inch by seven-inch version. All sizes open with a lovely skeleton-style tasseled key. When the lid opens, your choice of a tiny brunette or blond ballerina spins as the theme from "Swan Lake" plays. The inside is lined in flocked fabric to protect treasures.
- Customize with up to nine characters of text in your choice of two fonts and three printing colors: gold, silver, and dark pink.
- Personalization costs an additional $9.50, and personalized items cannot be returned.
- Delivery of personalized boxes typically takes about one week, but you can pay an additional fee for rush processing.
Lifetime Creations Personalized Keepsake Box
Girls aren't the only ones who have special jewelry, and kids of both genders can keep their treasures in the personalized child's keepsake box from Lifetime Creations (about $40, including personalization). Crafted from natural cedar, the eight-inch by four-inch by 3.5-inch design is perfect for everything from his first cuff links to her favorite locket. The simple design works for any age from newborns to teens. A tiny gold-colored padlock and key keep everything secure.
- Laser engrave with up to 20 characters in your choice of six different fonts.
- Personalization is included in the cost of the box.
- Most items arrive at their destination in three to six days; expedited shipping is also available.
PB Teen Chloe Jewelry Box
A lot of children's jewelry boxes transition to the teen years with ease and style, but sometimes, it's nice to buy a box made specifically for teenagers. The Chloe Jewelry Box from PB Teen (just under $90, plus personalization) is a lovely choice for older girls. You won't find any ballerinas or pink here, but this box is all about sophisticated simplicity. Crafted from white engineered wood and lined in gray linen, it's a neutral style that will grace her dresser for decades to come. At 12 inches by seven inches by 6.5 inches tall, it has plenty of room for her growing jewelry collection. With two drawers, a ring divider, and a real working lock and key, it's a functional way to organize her accessories.
- You can have it hand-painted with up to nine characters in your choice of 11 fonts and 24 different colors.
- Personalization costs an addition $9.50.
- Expect to receive the personalized box in less than a week, but you can also request rush processing.
Custom Jewelry Boxes for Adults
It's hard to beat a custom jewelry box when it comes to gift giving. It's useful, thoughtful, and personal, and it's appropriate for any occasion. You'll find lovely options at a variety of price points.
Bubinga Luxury Jewelry Box
Crafted from elm burle by Chasing Treasure, the Bubinga Luxury Jewelry Box (about $330, including some personalization options) is the ultimate choice she'll treasure for the rest of her life. It features a unique fold out design that includes two drawers and a top compartment with extra hanging storage in the lid. This sleek exotic wood design with an elegant piano finish will fit with any style of decor and is a classic that won't go out of style over the years. At 12 inches by 9.5 inches by 7.5 inches tall, it is generously sized to fit her entire jewelry collection.
- Add a monogram or two to three initials and a message up to 23 characters (included in the cost).
- Add a custom brass name plate (about $25 more).
- Most orders ship within one to three business days after the order is placed. In addition to standard delivery, you also have expedited options like UPS two or three day shipping.
Pottery Barn McKenna Leather Jewelry Box
A classic, feminine option with modern style, the McKenna Leather Jewelry Box from Pottery Barn is perfect for any woman. Available in white, blush, gray, or blue, it measures 9.5 inches by 8.5 inches by 4.5 inches high. There's a lift-out compartment for rings and smaller items and additional storage underneath for larger pieces. The lid features a large mirror with a unique personalization option: her initial, monogram, or first name etched on the lower corner of the glass. It retails for about $129 plus personalization.
- Have this piece personalized with up to five letters, a monogram, or a single initial in your choice of font.
- Personalization adds $9 to the cost of the jewelry box.
- Delivery typically takes about one week.
Large Mirrored Jewelry Box from Things Remembered
If you want a sleek design with plenty of room to engrave all of your sentiments, consider the Large Mirrored Jewelry Box from Things Remembered. The simple 4.3-inch by 7.3-inch by 10.5-inch box is covered in mirrored glass and lined in soft black velvet. It retails for around $50, plus personalization.
- You can personalize the top of the lid with up to 25 lines of up to 50 characters each in your choice of font and color. You can also add a smaller engraved plaque to the inside of the lid.
- The cost of personalization depends on the number of lines and whether you add color. It starts at $10, but larger blocks of text can cost $50 or more.
- Typical delivery time is about a week, but you can also find this item in stock at your local store and have it personalized there.
Mark & Graham Leather Box
This simple, chic box from Mark & Graham is perfect for men and women who like elegant, clean lines and is under $70 (plus personalization). At 7.25 inches by 5.5 inches by two inches tall, it will fit on any dresser or nightstand. It's wrapped in your choice of brown, black, red, or navy genuine leather, and the lid removes completely. Inside, you'll find a shallow compartment perfect for storing earrings, cuff links, pendants, and other treasures.
- Personalize with a foil monogram in the lower corner.
- Monogramming costs a flat rate of $9.50.
- Typical delivery is five to seven days from the time you place your order.
Tips for Choosing and Personalizing
A custom gift like this takes a little thought to get just right. Keep the following tips in mind as you shop:
- Consider the age of the recipient. If you're buying for an older child, you might want to choose a simple design that will take her into the teen years or even into adulthood.
- Think about the future with your personalization too. If you're buying for a teen or young women, know that her monogram may change if she gets married and changes her name. Personalize with just her first name instead for a gift that will be appropriate for years to come.
- If you're on a budget, choose a shorter monogram or even a single initial to personalize the box. A lot of stores charge more for longer inscriptions, but you can keep costs down by keeping it concise.
- Double check your order before you place it. It's very rare for stores to accept returns for personalized boxes. Make sure it's correct before you buy.
A Gift That Shows You Care
Whether you're shopping for a birthday gift, a holiday present, a thank-you token for participating in a wedding, or any other occasion, you'll find that a personalized jewelry storage box is a gift that anyone will appreciate. It serves to protect treasures while also offering a reminder of how much you care.