Jewelry armoires are large, furniture-sized jewelry boxes that can store a huge number of pieces. If you're shopping for a jewelry armoire, clearance sales can help you save a lot of money. Jewelry armoires are nearly indispensable if you have a large jewelry collection, but they can be quite expensive. Learn how to find the best deals.
How Clearance Works
Armoires are available at many price points. A handcrafted, all-wood, Amish jewelry armoire can easily cost more than a thousand dollars, and a melamine or laminated wood version can cost less than a hundred dollars. If you're able to find these pieces on clearance, you may see significant savings.
You're probably familiar with clearance sales at your local department store. Shopping these sales can help you save on everything from clothing to housewares, and jewelry armoires are no exception. Understanding how these sales work can help you make sure you time your shopping properly.
Clearance sales help retailers clear their shelves of excess inventory. These sales can happen for a variety of reasons:
- A line of armoires has been discontinued, so the retailer needs to clear out the stock.
- A retailer ordered too many armoires, and they are having trouble selling them.
- A store is going out of business, so it needs to sell the armoires at a reduced price.
- A big holiday has just passed, and the retailer needs to sell leftover jewelry armoires.
Typically, prices on clearance armoires will be reduced by between 20 and 90 percent. Shopping clearance sales takes a little skill, but it's a great way to save money on jewelry storage pieces.
Finding Jewelry Armoire Bargains
Getting a good deal on a clearance jewelry armoire is all about timing. Here are a few tips for getting the most for your money:
- Many people purchase jewelry armoires as gifts for Valentine's Day or Christmas, so it pays to shop clearance sales right after these holidays. Early January can be a good time to get the after-Christmas deals, but you'll probably have even better luck in late February or early March.
- If there's a particular armoire you have your eye on, you may want to check the manufacturer's website for new models. When a new model comes out, the price of the existing model may drop significantly. This drop will be even more extreme if the old model is discontinued.
- Keep an eye on furniture store sales. These stores often sell armoires, and you can find some great deals in the scratch and dent section at the back of most stores. These armoires may be slightly damaged, but they are usually easy to fix with a touch-up pen or some new hardware. You might save as much as 75 percent off the original price.
- Watch your local newspaper for coupons and sale ads from stores that sell jewelry armoires. Sometimes these advertised clearance sales can mean big savings for you.
- Peruse Internet sites that specialize in over-stocked or discounted merchandise. You might find an armoire for a fraction of the regular price.
Shopping Online for Clearance Sales
The following websites sometimes offer good deals on clearance-priced jewelry armoires:
Other Ways to Save
If you're looking for a deal on a jewelry armoire, clearance sales aren't the only way to save. You might also be able to find a used armoire for a discounted price. Look at garage sales, flea markets, and thrift stores for the best deals. Also check out furniture consignment shops and classified ads. Whether you choose to get a new armoire from a clearance sale or buy a used piece, you'll find these items are extremely useful for storing and organizing your jewelry collection.