Your jewelry is an outward expression of your unique personality so your jewelry holder should be too. With a few basic craft supplies and a heavy dose of creativity you can create an original place to store your accessories.
DIY Wood and Lace Jewelry Holder
Turn your baubles into a work of art when you hang them in this simple, multi-purpose picture frame jewelry holder. To store more jewelry, use a larger frame. Give the holder personal flair by choosing colors you love for the frame and lace.
- 13 by 15 wooden picture frame
- Dark gray metallic spray paint
- Three feet of turquoise lace hem tape
- Staple gun and staples
- Black marker
- White plastic clothespins
- Remove the glass and backing from the picture frame.
- Paint the entire front and sides of the frame with the metallic paint and allow to dry.
- Cut three 12-inch strips of hem tape.
- Place the picture frame, face-down, on a flat surface.
- On the inner lip where the glass would sit, measure and mark a spot 1.5 inches down from the top of the frame on both of the long sides.
- Measure and mark spots 1 and 2.5 inches up from the bottom on both long sides.
- Starting with the top 1.5-inch mark, staple one end of a strip of hem tape centered on the left mark.
- Pull the hem tape taught, straight across the frame's opening, and staple the other end to the mark on the right side.
- Repeat Steps 7 and 8 for your 1-inch marks and then your 2.5-inch marks.
- Hang necklaces and bracelets with clothespins. Attach earrings directly to the hem tape.
- Hang the frame on the wall.
Branch Standing Jewelry Display
Create a modern, yet natural jewelry holder with materials found right in your own backyard.
- Round wooden base
- 8 to 12-inch branch
- White glossy spray paint
- Drill and screws
- Look for a small tree branch, no more than 12 inches tall, with several sturdy branches coming off of it.
- Saw the bottom of the branch so it is flat.
- Remove any flimsy branches.
- Lightly sand the entire branch to help the paint stick
- Stand the branch in the center of the round wooden base and screw the branch into the base.
- Spray the entire stand white.
Cork Board Hanging Holder
Turn your average bulletin board into a beautiful jewelry display with just a few simple steps. Hang or lean it on a wall for easy access.
- Framed bulletin board
- Silver sequin pins
- Crocheted ribbon
- Staple gun and staples
- 1/2-inch head push pins
- Remove the cork from the frame.
- Wrap the frame in fabric, stapling in the back to hold it in place.
- Wrap the front of the cork in fabric, stapling in the back to hold it in place.
- Put the frame back on the cork.
- Drape rows of ribbon across the cork, pinning it in place with sequin pins.
- Add a few push pins across each row to hang necklaces and bracelets.
- Attach earrings directly to crocheted ribbon.
Mounted Antler Jewelry Holder
Go for the eclectic look by using mounted deer antlers to hold your necklaces, bracelets, and watches.
- Mounted antlers
- Small sticks
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Glue sticks in a pattern around the entire mounting plaque. Use the plaque shape as a guide or position the sticks to create a new shape, like a heart.
- Mount the entire piece on the wall.
- Hang jewelry from the antlers.
More D.I.Y. Jewelry Display Options
Look around your house to see what items you have on hand that could look cool holding jewelry.
- Re-purpose an old item like a standing grater or make your own fabric-covered styrofoam earring holder.
- Hang necklaces and bracelets from a wooden or velvet hanger.
- Create your own jewelry roll with a piece of soft fabric, ribbon, and sewing supplies.
- Make a keepsake shadow box and hang jewelry from pins and clips instead of mementos.
- Screw small hooks into the underside of the top side of an empty picture frame to hold long necklaces.
- A homemade mosaic tray is a great place to lay out your most precious jewelry.