If you're searching for a Star of David necklace for yourself or a loved one, your choices are far from limited. Choose from simple silver or gold or opt for one with wood, beads, crystals, or other stones.
Where to Shop
You won't be limited to retailers with religious associations, though those stores will often have different types of styles than the more general jewelry chains. Shop around before making a purchase, because you may be surprised by how much variety there is.
You can get silver or gold Star of David necklaces at Zion Judaica, an online shop full of items (not just jewelry) that celebrate Jewish art and culture. They take pride in the assortment of styles, from traditional to modern. If you spend more than $69.00, shipping is free.
- One of the silver styles includes the stunning Sterling Silver Star of David Pendant with Opal for under $30.00. The stones are blue/green, which are offset beautifully by the sterling silver. The chain isn't included in the price, but the site makes it convenient to add one to your order (prices range from under $10.00 to around $30.00, depending on length and type).
- The 14K Gold Braided Star of David Pendant is a more minimalist style. Expect to pay right around $100.00 for this one (chain not included, but prices on those in gold can range from around $60.00 to roughly $700.00, depending on length, thickness, and style).
When you shop at Bloomingdale's, you can look online or in-store. When you see a necklace you like online, you can see which stores near you have it in stock. If you'd prefer to do your initial shopping at your desk and then scout out the possibilities in person (or you'd like to simply order online and pick it up in the store), Bloomingdale's can help streamline your shopping experience. If you spend $150.00, you get free shipping no matter what, but if you're a member of their Loyallists program (it's free), it doesn't matter how much you spend; you'll always get free shipping. Returns are also free. Some of the Star of David necklaces they offer include:
- The David Yurman Cable Classics Star of David with 18K Gold (just over $200.00), which is a combination of sterling silver and 18K yellow gold. The chain is sold separately. This is a simple and elegant design, perfect for those in the market for a necklace without a lot of extra embellishments.
- The David Yurman Cable Collectibles Star of David Necklace with Diamonds in 18K Gold, which is a mix of 18K gold and diamonds (.38 ct total weight) available for around $800.00. The background and rope outline along the edges of the circle are both yellow gold, while the star itself is made up of diamonds. In this case, the chain is included. It is adjustable, so you can wear it as a 16" or 18" chain, and it fastens with a lobster clasp.
Neiman Marcus is another store where you can shop online or in person, if there's a store near you. If you'd prefer to look at it in person before making a purchase, you can check the availability at stores near you right on the website. Signing up to receive emails can save you 15 percent on your first purchase.
- The Sydney Evan Diamond & Sapphire Star of David Necklace is a gorgeous combination of 14K solid yellow and blackened gold, .01 ct blue sapphire, and .13 ct total weight in white diamonds. It includes a 16-inch ball chain necklace with a lobster clasp. If you decide to order this necklace, you'll get free shipping with the promise of a free return if you decide you don't want to keep it.
- For just under $1000.00, there's the David Yurman Petite Cable Pavé Diamond Star of David Pendant Necklace, which also comes with free shipping and returns. This one combines sterling silver, 18K yellow gold, and .15 carat total weight in pavé diamonds. The price includes a sterling silver box chain with a lobster clasp.
Zales has a few unusual necklace designs. Some utilize a mix of metals and materials that aren't seen in too many other stores. There are some more traditional designs, as well. Some of their Star of David necklaces are only available online, so if you don't see anything you like in the store, you can always check their website too.
- The 1/10 CT. T.W. Champagne and White Diamond Star of David Pendant in 10K Rose Gold is a mix of rose gold, champagne diamonds, white diamonds, and black that creates a beautiful contrast and a trendy look. The diamonds are round and the rose gold chain, which closes with a spring-ring clasp, is 18 inches long. Expect to pay a little over $200.00.
- The Simulated Birthstone Star of David Disc Pendant in Sterling Silver features one stone, which you get to choose based on your (or the gift's recipient's) birthstone. Because it's sterling silver instead of gold, this is one of the less expensive options at around $60.00. The chain is 18 inches long and it fastens with a spring-ring clasp.
At JCPenney, you can find necklaces designed for men or women in gold, silver, or stainless steel. Some are dog-tag style while others are more traditional. Some are unadorned, while others feature diamonds or crystals. You can check store availability in the left-hand column to see if a location near you has the necklace you like. You can also filter by chain length, item type, gender, metal, stone, and more.
- The Sterling Silver Star of David Pendant is one of the simpler and less expensive styles at around $80.00. It's a sterling silver star on an 18-inch sterling silver chain and perfect for someone who prefers a more minimalist jewelry style.
- The Crystal Accent Sterling Silver Star of David Pendant, at just over $150.00, is a similar style. The main difference here is the addition of crystals that cover the front of the pendant. The chain here is also 18 inches long and it closes with a spring-ring clasp.
At Macy's, you'll find a lot of the traditional styles in silver and gold, some of which feature diamonds. They do offer the pick-up in-store option, so if a store near you has what you'd like in stock, you won't have to wait or pay for shipping. Macy's frequently offers sales, so you may not have to pay full price once you find something you like. Shipping is free when you spend $99.00 and returns are also free (in the United States only).
- The Diamond Star of David Pendant Necklace in Sterling Silver features 1/10 carat t.w. One triangle sparkles and the other is silver and diamond-free. The chain is about 18 inches long. Expect to pay about $200.00.
- If you're prepared to spend quite a bit on your necklace, the EFFY Diamond Diamond Star of David Pendant (almost $1200.00) is worth a look. It's a 14K white gold star with a 1/5 carat diamond in the center that comes with an 18-inch chain. The diamond color rating code is H-I and the clarity code is an I-1 to I-2.
Ross and Simons
Ross and Simons has been around since 1952 and has grown dramatically since then. They pride themselves on selling quality pieces at affordable prices. They have a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. You'll have 30 days to make a decision about your necklace as long as it's unused and hasn't been customized in any way. The prices on their Star of David necklaces range from around $50.00 to about $500.00.
- The C. 1990 Vintage 14k Yellow Gold Star of David Pendant Necklace is from the Estate collection. It's a gold tag with a gold Star of David etched onto it, so it's subtle and different without being over-the-top or too trendy. The 18-inch chain is also yellow gold, and it closes with a spring-ring clasp. Expect to pay around $500.00.
- Want something with a little more sparkle? The Diamond Accent Star of David Pendant Necklace in 14k White Gold comes with a 16-inch pendant in white gold. The star itself is covered with small round diamond accents. This one costs about $300.00.
Judaica Web Store
Judaica Web Store has one of the widest varieties of Star of David necklaces, in all types of styles. In addition to jewelry, they carry home décor, Jewish art, clothing, books, cosmetics, and more. Some of the necklaces they offer include:
- The Shema Israel: Sterling Silver and Onyx Necklace Micro-Inscribed with 24K Gold, which is a silver frame surrounding black onyx that has a gold Star of David on it. The stone has more gold writing on it, the Hebrew text of the Jewish creed that starts with "Shema Yisrael." It comes with a few extras: a silver chain (17.7" at no extra charge, 19.7" for an extra $3.00, or 23.6" for an extra $6.00) and a magnifying glass to help you or the gift recipient read the inscription. It's under $200.00.
- The Sterling Silver Traditional Menorah Necklace with Curved Gold Star of David (under $400.00) comes with a sterling silver chain (choose from 16.5", 17.7", 19.7", and 23.6"). It's made from 925 sterling silver and 9K gold, and it's shaped like a mezuzah case.
Etsy has a wide variety of necklaces for sale, and the inventory is always changing as sellers continue to create and add new designs. These necklaces are often handmade and you may be able to make a custom order there. When you find a general style you like, you can contact the seller directly to ask. In addition to the geometrical style shown below, you can find:
- Gold without additional embellishments
- Swarovski crystals
- Stars inside hoops
- Plain stars
- Sterling silver
- Exotic hardwood
- Beaded stars
Choosing the Right Necklace
Whether your necklace is for you or a loved one, take a few things into consideration before you make a purchase. Religious jewelry can make a statement without extra beads, embellishments, or stones, but there are some beautiful combinations out there, too. Would a minimalist style be better than one made up of beads or accented with opal, onyx, or some other stone? Do you (or the recipient) like white gold or yellow gold more? What about color? Are you (or is the recipient) someone who likes to take traditional jewelry and put a modern, trendy twist on it? There are so many styles available, there's something for everyone.