Women's ceramic rings make a unique jewelry statement. These seemingly fragile pieces of jewelry are actually quite strong, and they make great conversation pieces.
Advantages of Ceramic Jewelry
When you think of ceramic, fragile things come to mind; however, this material is actually one of the strongest materials available for rings. Durable and scratch resistant, high tech ceramic is used in the space shuttle and in bulletproof vests. Ceramic is also called titanium carbide, and it has a Moh's hardness rating of 9, making it just as hard as a sapphire or ruby.
In addition to its durability, there are several important advantages to ceramic jewelry:
- Ceramic rings are extremely affordable when compared to precious metals. Rings made from this material typically cost between $50 and $300 if they have no precious metal inlays.
- Rings made from titanium carbide are hypoallergenic. If you suffer from metal allergies, this could be the perfect materials for your jewelry.
- Rather than only the standard colors of gold or silver, ceramic rings are available in shiny black, white, and every color of the rainbow. This material provides a great deal of versatility for jewelry.
- This jewelry material is tarnish-resistant. Some jewelry metals, especially silver and copper, have a tendency to tarnish if they aren't worn constantly. With ceramic jewelry, you don't need to worry about getting out the jewelry cleaner.
- Ceramic jewelry is also very light when compared to metal. If you find yourself annoyed by the weight of a ring on your finger, you might enjoy wearing a ceramic ring.
- Jewelry made from titanium carbide can accept a high polish, making it much smoother and shinier than jewelry made from metal.
Where to Buy Women's Ceramic Rings
Ceramic rings are available from some standard jewelers and from many online retailers. The following Internet shops have a great collection of ceramic jewelry, including women's rings:
- If you're looking for a ceramic wedding band, Superior Wedding Rings has some beautiful options.
- Daniel's Jewelers has a great selection of ceramic rings in black, white, and pink.
- Another great option is Amazon.com. Here, you'll find ceramic rings in a wide variety of styles and colors.
- You'll also find great deals on ceramic rings at Overstock.com. The selection is always changing, so it's a good idea to check back often if you don't see a ring you like.
- eBay is another good source for ceramic rings. They have a variety for colors and designs to choose from.
Tips for Buying Ceramic Rings
When you're ready to purchase a ceramic ring, it helps to keep a few things in mind:
- It's very important to know your exact ring size before you order. Ceramic rings cannot be resized like metal rings. For this reason, it's a good idea to check your ring size at a jewelry store if you are ordering a ring online.
- It is possible to chip ceramic jewelry, especially during storage. When you put your ceramic ring in your jewelry box, make sure it is protected from other jewelry items.
- If you are ordering a ceramic ring with a rounded band, ask the jeweler or merchant whether the fit is true to size. Some rounded bands make a ring feel larger and you may be better off with a smaller size.
- Look into the many options for women's ceramic rings. If you do your research about this exciting material, you are more likely to be satisfied with your jewelry purchase.