A tennis racket-shaped brooch pin is a great gift for the tennis enthusiast in your life. With the many options on the market, tennis players are sure to find a brooch that reflects their love of the sport.
Tennis Racket-Shaped Brooch Pin Designs
You can find quite a few brooches and pins in tennis-themed jewelry. Some include a tennis ball, while others depict figures of tennis players. You'll be surprised by the variety of designs for tennis-themed pin jewelry.
- Glittering rackets: It's easy to find a crystal, diamond, or cubic zirconia-encrusted racket pin in sterling silver, gold, or white gold. Many of the pins have gold mesh or gold strands that simulate the woven string pattern of a racket.
- Gems and pearls: If you love gems, you may also find a brooch that features a pearl or colored gem in the center of the racket to simulate a tennis ball. This feature gives added interest and takes advantage of the racket's oval shape in an overall dynamic design.
- Tennis angel: If angels are a favorite icon, then mix in your passion for tennis with a tennis angel pin. This style of brooch is usually created from precious metal and features a stylized angel and a tennis racket.
- Friendship tennis racket brooch: Some designs are known as "friendship pins" and feature two crossed tennis rackets, sometimes embellished with pearls and real or created gems. These pins come as a set of two. You retain one brooch and give your best friend the other one.
- Figure playing tennis brooch: A figural design is a nice touch for a brooch. Typically, these brooches feature a woman or girl dressed in tennis garb and posed in the position of serving the tennis ball to her partner.
- Novelty pins: Although it may take some searching to find the one you want, novelty pins are always fun. One of the most novel brooches you can buy uses the racket for the face of a watch, so you'll never be late for serving time on the court.
- Victorian pins: A popular style of pins during the Victorian era used hands holding objects, such as a bouquet of flowers, a pen, a fan, a basket, or even a tennis racket. Antique pewter was a popular metal choice for these brooches and pins.
- Personalized brooches: You may discover a few racket-shaped brooches that have proper names as part of the overall design. You might be lucky enough to find one with your name, or you may decide to purchase one that can be engraved.
Other Clever Brooch or Pin Designs
Some of the more creative designs include small crystals, diamonds or gemstones set within the handle of the racket. One such two piece tennis pin, availble at Dazzle City, is made in two parts. The first component is the tennis racket that has a brooch pin back. The second part is a diamond stud that is connected to the racket by a 14K gold chain. This design allows you to pin the diamond stud that symbolizes the tennis ball in various configurations with the tennis racket. Some designs use a gemstone or a pearl stud in place of the diamond.Occasionally, a commemorative Wimbledon tennis pin or brooch comes up on auction sites. One such brooch marked the 1998 tournament. The Wimbledon Museum houses an original 1920 tennis brooch. Another brooch is from the Victorian era and is a gold-plated tennis racket that has a mother of pearl tennis ball attached to the gold strings. You can find other sports-related commemorative brooches for various tournaments.
Whether you select a vintage pin or go for a newly crafted one, you should be able to find something you like. If you have difficulty locating the brooch you envision, then you can always opt for a custom pin. You'll pay more, but you'll end up with a one-of-a-kind tennis racket-shaped brooch pin.