Really big hoop earrings are a dramatic style statement, and they can complement just about any outfit. Find out more about this fun style!
About Really Big Hoop Earrings
Large hoop earrings were popularized during the 1980s, but they have never completely gone out of style. This style of earring is almost universally flattering, and it adds instant drama to your appearance. You can find big hoop earrings made of a variety of materials, including metal, plastic, wood, and even ceramic. Hoop earrings come in a variety of widths to complement most face shapes and hair styles, and you can find hoop earrings with pierced or clip-on backs.
The Right Hoops for You
Think you can't wear big hoop earrings? Think again. All you need to do is find the right style of hoop earring. Here are a few helpful tips:
- If you have a short neck, consider big, oval-shaped hoop earrings. Since most people expect to see circular hopes, the oval shape creates an unexpected visual effect and the illusion of length.
- Match the width of your earrings to the width of your face. If you have a round or heart-shaped face, try wider earrings to help balance out your appearance. If you have a narrow or long face, consider thin hoop earrings.
- If you have long hair, be sure to tie it up or pull it back when wearing large hoop earrings. If your hair gets tangled in your earrings, it can be unattractive and uncomfortable.
- When you have short hair, you have unlimited options for big hoop earrings. Large earrings can add romance to your appearance, and they are a great way to add variety to your look.
Styles of Big Hoop Earrings
Hoop earrings come in many different closure styles. You'll find full-circle hoops with a hinge and snap closure. With this style, you can open the hoop, slide it into your ear, and then close it to create a circle. Hoops can also hang from a post or clip-on back. Generally, this style of hoop offers the most movement, which can be important when you are wearing very large earrings.
Where to Buy Big Hoops
The Internet is a great place to find the perfect hoop earrings. Since really big hoops are less common than other types of earrings, you'll find a better selection when you shop online. In addition, you may get a better deal on your earrings, since many retailers must compete with one another for your business.
The following Internet stores offer a great selection of extra large hoop earrings:
- Heavenly Treasures offers hoop earrings in many beautiful styles, including several versions that are three inches in diameter.
- Saks Fifth Avenue has some of the latest styles of large hoop earrings. The selection is great, and you'll find what you need for a trendy, upscale look.
- Overstock.com has a constantly changing selection of discounted jewelry, including hoop earrings. If you're looking for a good deal, you might find it here.
- BlueNile is a well-known Internet jewelry store, and they offer many great options for really big hoop earrings.