Kipepeo earrings are a trendy accessory. These are the distinctive metal earrings worn by celebrities as they go out on the town or shopping in their jeans. Guess what? These stylish accessories can be found at affordable prices. Find out more about these popular earrings, the designer and where you can buy a pair.
About Kipepeo Earrings
Kipepeo earrings stand out from other metal jewelry with their beautifully detailed engravings, filigrees and scrollwork. The earring collection features delicate design detail in large earring styles. The designs are all at once delicately feminine and bold and modern.
Designer Carol Muthiga
Kipepeo means butterfly in Kiswahili, the native language of Nairobi, Kenyan-born designer Carol Muthiga. The former designer art director of Glamour magazine began making gold-plated jewelry in 2001 and gradually expanded her business as more people became interested in her jewelry. By 2006, celebrities were wearing her jewelry and the brand Kipepeo became known as celebrity jewelry.
Based in New York, Carol creates necklaces and jewelry in 18-karat gold-plated brass and 22-karat vermeil. She creates her designs based on a mixture of 1970's fashion, East Indian art, African art, Victorian jewelry and Japanese art.
In addition to jewelry design, Carol developed a line of large slouchy handmade handbags made out of Italian leather.
Celebrities Who Wear Kipepeo Jewelry
Celebrities of all ages and styles have been photographed wearing Kipepeo earrings and necklaces. Stars who wear Kipepeo earrings include:
- Jennifer Lopez
- Anne Hathaway
- Jessica Simpson
- Katie Holmes Cruise
- Halle Berry
- Alicia Keys
- Alyssa Milano
- Lucy Liu
- Nicole Richie
- Aisha Tyler
- Sarah Jessica Parker
- Gabriel Union
- Cameron Diaz
- Mariah Carey
- Lindsay Lohan
- Penelope Cruz
- Elin Nordegren Woods
Kipepeo Earring Designs
Kipepeo earrings incorporate designs such as:
- Angel wings
- Filigree shapes
- Floral patterns
- Fossil-like designs
- Imitiation shell design
Some popular designs are:
- Gold Leaf earrings: Leaves made out of gold-plated brass
- Silver Coco De Mer earrings: A large patterned shape that looks like a large leaf or an upside down heart in patterned silver
- Antique Gold Roundel earrings: A round gold filigree earring
- Gold Angel Wings earrings: Detailed gold angel wings
- Sabine earrings: Gold hoops formed with a floral pattern
- Silver Anya Earrings: Silver hoop in a textured pattern
- Filigree Leaf Drop earrings: Filigree leaf pattern with a gemstone drop
- Croissant earrings: A croissant-shaped pattern in 22K vermeil
Where to Buy Kipepeo Jewelry Online
People can buy Kipepeo jewelry online at discount prices from a number of retailers. Some of the popular designs, such as the Gold Leaf earrings, are more widely available at affordable prices than the less well-known styles.The following online retailers sell Kipepeo earrings:
- Fashion Bliss: Fashion Bliss has a number of Kipepeo earring style and features photos of celebrities wearing the jewelry.
- Casyope: Casyope carries the Kipepeo silver angel wings earrings.
Dress like the stars in Kipepeo earrings without spending a fortune. The great thing about Kipepeo jewelry being gold plated is that it is more affordable than solid gold jewelry. It is not often that people can find jewelry fit for the stars that it is also affordable. The jewelry is well-made, trendy and affordable to the average person.