A favorite among popular celebrities like Jessica Biel, Miley Cyrus, and Ashlee Simpson, Island Cowgirl Jewelry is the brainchild of jewelry artist Heather Kraty. Learn about this exciting jewelry line, as well as the history of the designer and California-based jewelry retailer.
Heather Kraty, Jewelry Designer
Heather Kraty's path toward becoming an established, successful jewelry designer is an interesting one. She earned a degree in fashion in New York City before leaving the Big Apple behind for sandy beaches and blue waters. She lived in St. Martin, where she sold her handmade jewelry on the beach. Later, she went to Mexico, Hawaii, France, and Florida, before discovering a more permanent home in California. She opened her first Island Cowgirl Jewelry store in Huntington Beach, California, and today, she sells jewelry though retail outlets across the country.
What Island Cowgirl Jewelry Offers
Finding inspiration in the many locales she's called home, Kraty hand carves each piece of jewelry with a special motivational word, poem, or phrase. She casts her jewelry mostly in sterling silver or 14k gold. Below are examples of the types of jewelry offered by Island Cowgirl. Many of these items are available in either metal. As the name suggests, the jewelry is at once earthy and airy, including elements of western durability and breezy carefree beaches. The chunky, memorable pieces are most at home with casual wear.
- Custom Jewelry - Wear jewelry that truly reflects who you are with custom jewelry featuring your initials, along with your favorite charm. Pick from all the letters of the alphabet or one of more than two dozen popular charms.
- Anklets - The perfect gift for a summertime birthday, these handmade anklets are made of sterling silver and feature a unique charm. Several styles are available.
- Earrings - From heart-shaped studs to dangly angel's wings, Island Cowgirl's earrings are a treat.
- Necklaces - Kraty offers a wide selection of necklaces, from sterling silver and gold to leather cord styles. With dozens of options on her website and even more in the many retail stores across the country, you're sure to find a necklace to fit your unique sense of style.
- Rings - Slip one of these motivational rings on your finger and remember to love, laugh, keep the faith, or find peace.
- Bracelets - Much like Kraty's selection of necklaces, Island Cowgirl bracelets are available in leather, silver, and gold styles.
- Men's Jewelry - Not just for the ladies, Kraty's line includes a selection of necklaces and bracelets made just for that special man in your life.
The California-based Island Cowgirl company ships only within the U.S. and to Canada. All of the company's jewelry pieces are packaged in a black jewelry pouch and beautifully wrapped, which saves time when it comes to gift-giving.
Where to Purchase Island Cowgirl Jewelry
To shop online, visit IslandCowgirl.com. If you live near Huntington Beach, California or will be visiting the area, you can check out the Island Cowgirl flagship store, located at 320 ½ Main Street, Huntington Beach, California, 92648. It's open every day.
Returns are accepted within two weeks of shipping. For jewelry repairs, contact the store or website.
Keep Up to Date With Island Cowgirl
Today is the age of connectedness. Almost every company has a high-tech way to contact them and keep up with new developments. Island Cowgirl is no different. Follow the company on Facebook, or keep current with new jewelry styles, promotions, and general happenings on their blog.