Diamonds by the Yard Tiffany jewelry is an elegant yet minimalist designer jewelry line well known for its sophistication and simplicity.
About the Designer
This prestigious jewelry line is designed by the renowned Elsa Peretti, an Italian jewelry designer who first joined the Tiffany cadre in 1974. For more than 30 years, she has been designing exquisite pieces, including necklaces, earrings, bracelets, rings, and more. As a former model and a designer for other luxury companies such as Oscar De La Renta and Halston, Peretti uses her innate sense of style and elegance to create stunning jewelry infused with her belief that simple style can be the most outstanding. That celebration of the simple things in life is also the inspiration behind her Diamonds by the Yard jewelry line available at Tiffany & Company.
Diamonds by the Yard Tiffany Jewelry Designs
Peretti's minimalist style is beautifully represented by the Diamonds by the Yard jewelry line, though these stunning pieces do not actually measure 36 inches in length. While the jewelry may at first seem overly simplistic, it is that very simplicity that accentuates its beauty by highlighting the Tiffany quality of every piece.
The different jewelry pieces in the Diamonds by the Yard line share common characteristics that make them wonderfully coordinated with one another, including:
- Small carat weight gemstones that focus on superior quality rather than sheer size.
- Simple bezel settings that frame each round gem with classic styling that does not detract from its beauty.
- High quality precious metals including 18 karat yellow and white gold as well as platinum.
- In-line settings that blend smoothly between gemstones and the surrounding chains for an organic, integrated appeal.
- Symmetrically placed stones that highlight the beauty of the entire piece rather than a single focal point.
- A lack of additional accents that would detract from the simplicity and beauty of the delicate designs.
While it may seem that the minimalist theme of the Diamonds by the Yard line would limit design options, there are actually many lovely variations that integrate the signature features. Pieces include:
- Solitaire diamond earrings
- Pendants with single gems inset into masterfully crafted chains
- Sprinkle design necklaces with multiple stones (3, 5, 7, and 13 stones are popular choices) evenly spaced within the chain
- Bracelets with multiple stones spaced along a delicate chain
- Chain earrings with multiple gems suspended vertically
- Gemstone pieces that use aquamarine stones, pink sapphires, or rich blue sapphires instead of diamonds
Because these widely varied pieces all use the same design elements - bezel settings, inset chains, etc. - they can easily be combined into beautiful sets for a coordinated look, or a single piece can be worn for an elegant fashion statement.
The high quality of Tiffany jewelry is not inexpensive, and the Diamonds by the Yard line ranges from $500 for a small piece - a single stone pendant or small pair of earrings -- to greater than $12,000 for larger designs that incorporate more diamonds and gemstones. Some pieces in the collection are available in either gold or platinum, and platinum designs are more expensive.
Where to Buy
Tiffany jewelry designs are only available through authorized Tiffany retailers and official boutiques. Individuals interested in purchasing Diamonds by the Yard Tiffany jewelry can visit a boutique or shop online at the official website, where a store locator can also help interested buyers locate an authorized retailer in their area. Because these designs are very simple they can be easily imitated, and buyers should be cautious about deals that seem too good to be true or offers from unverifiable merchants.
Simplicity has a stylistic charm all its own, and the Diamonds by the Yard collection by Elsa Peretti is the ultimate in minimalist jewelry with the exquisite quality of Tiffany. These elegant designs are luscious in their understatement and prove that even a small, simple piece can make a bold statement about style, beauty, and luxury.