There are lots of great jewelry boxes for kids that make it easy to keep jewelry and other small items organized. From whimsical designs to simple solutions, choose among a variety of styles to suit your child's age, needs, and personal taste.
Whimsical Jewelry Boxes
Children of all ages will enjoy placing their jewelry items in boxes that feature adorably quirky designs.
The features and designs of these boxes are perfect for girls aged 3-8:
- The Enchanted Woodland Jewelry Box is an adorable sky-blue mini chest of drawers. The sides of this wooden box feature a hand-painted mural of deer and owls. Each of the five drawers showcases a colorful animal-shaped knob including a bird, owl, racoon, porcupine, and fox. The entire box stands ten inches tall and is available from Wayfair for just under $45, which includes a 30-day warranty from the manufacturer.
Pre-Teens and Tweens
Pre-teen and tween girls alike will appreciate the more mature whimsy of these jewelry boxes:
- The Junk Gypsy Sweetheart of the Rodeo Jewelry Case is a fun storage option for the girl with an excessive jewelry collection. This replica guitar case features two shelves, 12 rods for hanging necklaces and bracelets, a set of ring rolls, and a mirror spanning the length of the case. The outside is covered in a light blue and pink floral design while the interior is done in a beige linen. Staying true to the guitar case theme, it comes with a carrying handle and authentic closures. At 43.5 inches tall, this case is a decorative piece that hangs on the wall and can be left open or closed. PBteen sells this charming option for around $300.
- Pink Girl Talk Mini Locker is a replica school locker. Inside the locker are three shelves along with a mirror and jewelry hooks hanging from the door. The set comes with a mini padlock and key to keep valuables safe. There are also 17 magnets included so girls can personalize their mini lockers. This fun jewelry storage option is available for under $20 from Magic Beans.
For the girl who likes something different, consider an unusual jewelry box option.
Kids from 3-8 years will love these jewelry boxes that are as unique as they are:
- Every little girl can enjoy playing dress up with the White Mill Valley Vanity With Mirror from Pottery Barn Kids. This antique-inspired piece features a large pivoting mirror on top of a long drawer for about $90. The drawer is lined with fabric and showcases two rhinestone handles. This elegant box can be personalized by adding a name or monogram to make it extra-special.
Pre-Teens and Tweens
Allow your child the freedom to express her creativity with a one-of-a-kind jewelry box design.
- For a modern twist on the jewelry box, fashion forward girls will love the Aylesbury Accessory Box. The open structure features geometric shapes strategically positioned to hold earrings, cuffs, bracelets, and rings. Made from brass plated steel this modernist jewelry box is a work of art, a storage solution, and a great deal at about $15 from Wayfair.
Classic Jewelry Boxes
A simple, classic style is practical for girls of all ages.
Pretty and functional, these options will remind older family members of their own childhood jewelry boxes:
- Schylling Iridescent Fairy Jewelry Box from YoYo.com is the picture of classic jewelry storage for young girls. The pastel purple box showcases a scene of flowers and butterflies. Inside, the pink fabric lining serves as the backdrop to a twirling fairy ballerina dancing to Swan Lake. The underside of the lid holds a small oval shaped mirror. This adorably simple box retails for under $20.
- The White Vegan Leather Jewelry Box is suitable for young girls and will still be appropriate as your child grows older. This rectangular box is made from white-colored vegan leather which is pierced to create a design. The soft, black-colored interior includes ring rolls, along with open compartments. This beautifully unique box is available from the knot SHOP for around $15.
Pre-Teens and Tweens
Older girls will enjoy using these versions of classic jewelry box styles.
- Pottery Barn Kids' Abigail Medium Jewelry Box is a classic musical jewelry box with an understated elegance. Available for about $50 in light pink or white, this wooden box features a curved front edge. The interior is lined with fabric and features a dancing fairy ballerina with wings. The set comes with a blonde and brunette fairy figure so you can customize it. Personalization is also available with the option to add a name to the top of the box. The icing on the cake is a tasseled key and ornate lock to keep items safe.
Storage Options for All Ages
From little girls to almost-teens, jewelry boxes are ideal to hold special pieces of jewelry as well as trinkets and notes. As a special gift for the girl in your life, consider a jewelry box that will be treasured for years.