Pearls have a natural luster and beauty that sets them apart from other gems and jewelry adornments. If you're going to invest in these jewels of the sea, learn everything you can about them so you know how to select the best no matter which type you prefer.
Types of Pearls
Pearls come in a wide variety of types, and each one is brilliant in its own way. In this category, you'll find plenty of information to help you learn about your pearls, including topics on:
- Freshwater Pearls: Learn where freshwater pearls come from and how they're formed.
- South Sea Pearls: Learn exactly where South Sea pearls come from and why they're usually so large.
- Mother of Pearl: Mother of Pearl is not actually a type of pearl; it's the coating inside the mollusk's shell. Learn how it's formation gives it such a lustrous look, as well as how it's used in jewelry making.
Living with Pearls
In addition to the types of pearls available, learn the best places to purchase them, how to care for them, and the best ways to wear them. Get informed about topics such as:
- The best places to find pearls: Whether you're looking for discounted pearls or specific types like chocolate pearls, learn the best places to find them.
- How to wear pearls: Long ropes of pearls look very elegant when they're worn correctly. Learn how to get that look.
- How to care for pearls: Pearls can last for years when they're taken care of properly. Learn how to ensure your pearls stay as pretty and polished as they were the day you got them.
Love Your Pearls
The more you know about your pearl jewelry pieces, the more you'll appreciate them. The information in this category will help you get more out of wearing them than ever before.