If you find yourself questioning -- is my Tiffany bracelet real? -- you need some tips on determining its authenticity. There are many replicas floating around that claim to be the real deal when, in fact, they are not. If you educate yourself on what to look for you can avoid ending up with a fake.
Is My Tiffany Bracelet Real?
Tiffany & Co. is known for their high quality items. Tiffany bracelets are popular among women and are highly coveted. There are also many fake and imitation pieces and more continue to be produced. The high demand for Tiffany jewelry is the reason, and many do not want to pay the price that come along with these quality pieces. There are several ways to determine if the bracelet you are interested in is an authentic Tiffany.
Check out the following guidelines:
- Tiffany & Co. jewelry comes in their signature little turquoise blue box. It comes with a velvet drawstring bag inside the box and is finished with a white satin ribbon. This is the only packaging that is used by Tiffany. If it comes in something other than this, it is a red flag that the jewelry is fake.
- Tiffany does not have sales and does not discount their pieces. Nor are there outlet stores. If the deal you are getting seems to good to be true, then it most likely is.
- All Tiffany jewelry is made in the USA. It is not produced in China or any other country.
- Tiffany solders the links on their pieces. They are never pinched together. It is almost impossible to tell where the link starts or ends since the soldering is very smooth and precise.
- Each and every piece of jewelry is stamped with the Tiffany & Co. mark and the mark of the metal. Some examples include Tiffany & Co. 925, or T & Co. 925. Some pieces may be marked with date of the trademark as well.
- Tiffany tag bracelets are made of .925 sterling silver. This means the bracelet will feel heavy. If you are able to hold the bracelet and it feels light, then it is not authentic.
- Tiffany's engraving is always clear and sharp. It should not be hard to read or blurred. The font used is thin and precise. If the font you see is wide or sloppy, be aware that this is a fake.
If you are uncertain of the authenticity of your bracelet and are still are asking -- is my Tiffany bracelet real? -- then take it to a store and ask them to authenticate the piece. You can also compare it to a picture on the official Tiffany website. You should be able to see if it looks like it should and has the necessary markings.
Remember that Tiffany & Co. only uses the finest materials. They do not use fake gemstones or inferior metals. They use gold, silver and platinum in their designs. The metal is never plated or filled.
Popular Tiffany Bracelets
If you are interested in an authentic bracelet from Tiffany & Co., some popular styles include the following:
- Return to Tiffany Heart Tag Charm Bracelet is done in sterling silver and measures 7.5" long. It is priced at $210.
- Return to Tiffany Heart Tag Toggle Bracelet in done in sterling silver. It is 8" long and closes with a toggle that is engraved with the words Tiffany & Co. It is priced at $290.
- Tiffany & Co. Bangle is both chic and timeless. It is done in sterling silver. It comes in medium which fits wrists up to 6.25" or in large for wrists up to 6.75". The outside of the bracelet is smooth and the top is engraved with Tiffany & Co. It costs $325.
- T & Co. Disc Charm and Bracelet is an all time favorite. The charm has a black enamel finish and is made from sterling silver. The bracelet is made from round links and is also done in sterling silver. The charm and bracelet are sold separately. The charm is priced at $115 and the bracelet at $130.
Is my Tiffany bracelet real is a question that many people may be asking themselves. Before making a purchase from a source other than Tiffany, check out some simple guidelines to help you determine if you are getting the real deal.